With the two main transportations: Bus and High speed boat, you can save the cost of visiting “the most beautiful island in Vietnam”. However, if you do not have the exact information, you can waste a lot of time. The following article will show you some notes you should pay attention when choosing Superdong highspeed boat to go to Con Dao.
How to come to Con Dao by Superdong highspeed boat
The route: Saigon – Soc Trang city – Tran De wharf – Ben Dam wharf – Con Dao town
- The boat departs at 8 a.m from Tran De wharf (Soc Trang) to Ben Dam wharf (Con Dao).
- It comes back at 1 p.m.
The route will take about 2hours and 30 minutesf
- Saigon – Soc Trang city: in Saigon, you go by Phuong Trang bus to Soc Trang city (more than 4 hours, the ticket: 130,000VND/person)
- Soc Trang city – Tran De wharf: You can go by taxi or Superdong shuttle bus. At 6:20 a.m, this bus will move to Tran De wharf. It is quite clean and comfortable.
- Tran De wharf – Ben Dam wharf: Superdong highspeed boat is very modern so it is quite convenient. It is about 12km from Ben Dan wharf to Con Dao town. You should book the Superdong shuttle bus in advance or buy the ticket immediately before you take the boat to Con Dao because it is limted in the number of tickets. If you cannot take the bus, you can choose taxi (120,000 – 150,000VND).
Notes to pay attention
- The most saving-time way is as follow: you depart at 12 p.m from Saigon. You can choose Phuong Trang bus to go to Soc Trang bus station at about 5 a.m. From Soc Trang bus station, you walk through the Superdong ticket office, have breakfast and wait for the shuttle bus to pick up at 6 a.m. The shuttle bus will take you to Tran De wharf before 7:30 in order to take the boat to Con Dao at 8 a.m on time.
- At current, Superdong high speed boat has only 1 boat per day: starting at Tran De wharf (Soc Trang) at 8 a.m and coming back from Ben Dam wharf (Con Dao) at 1 p.m. Therefore, you have to come here before this time.
- The distance from Soc Trang bus station to Tran De wharf is about 35km. It will take about 1 hour by the shuttle bus of Superdong at the price of 40,000VND/ person or by taxi at the price of 300,000VND/turn.
- To move by the shuttle bus, you have to book the ticket in advance through the hotline 0916.294.399. The bus will pick up passengers at the Superdong ticket office at 193 Le Hong Phong street, Ward 3, Soc Trang city at 6 a.m. There are many available buses on the way back from Tran De wharf to Soc Trang bus station, Can Tho or straight to Saigon so you do not worry. However, most of them are not high-quality hard seats as in Phuong Trang bus, so you should carefully consider.
- Only 500m from Soc Trang bus station through Superdong ticket office, you can walk only.
- About 12km from Ben Dam wharf to the Con Dao Town center, you can go by taxi on the island or by the shuttle bus of Superdong. Book in advance through the hotline 08.866.37.39.
- You can buy the ticket of Superdong high speed boat in advance right in Saigon at 12 Nguyen Ngoc Loc, Ward 14, Distict 10, Ho Chi Minh city. Phone number: (028)38 666 333. The ticket price is 320,000VND/person.
- You should book the ticket 2 weeks in advance because the closer it is to the day you go the more difficult it is for you to buy the ticket.
- If you cannot buy the tickt soon, you can come directly to the ticket office to wait for buying ticket at the last minutes, but remember that it is applied for several ones or in reluctant cases because maybe no ticket is left.
- In Tran De wharf, there is a car parking so you can move by motorbike to go to the wharf and put it here overnight. It is very convenient.
If you concern about Vietnam travel tips, please contact us for more information. Share this article if it is helpful for you!