The famous antique market in the Northwest of Vietnam is Lung Khau Nhin Market, it takes you more than two hours from Lao Cai by car. The market is opened on every Thursday. Lung Khau Nhin Market is filled with brilliant colors of the dresses, blankets, vegetables and local’s products, they are all minority people such as: H’Mong, Nung, Man, Kinh…
Lung Khau Nhin Market
Lung Khau Nhin is a small market very close to the border with China, close to Muong Khuong town. The Black Dao, Giay, Tay, Flower Hmong (Red Hmong) minority peoples all attend this market.
Lung Khau Nhin market is held every Thursday starting around 7.30am and closing in the early afternoon. The market is set in beautiful scenery and is very remote. It is a very ‘authentic’ market with few tourists visiting. The market mainly sells vegetables, seeds and livestock for the minority peoples.
A typical itinerary
A typical itinerary for a day at Lung Khau Nhin Market would be:
- Drive to Lung Khau Nhin (110 km / 1h 45m from Sapa, or 65 km / 1 hour from Lao Cai).
- Spend time walking around the market taking in the sights and sounds and perhaps trading with the local people.
- On the way back we will stop in Muong Khung and pay a visit to pineapple and tea plantations.
- Depending on your itinerary you can have lunch either in Muong Khung or Lao Cai.
- Drive back to Sapa or Lao Cai.