The buckwheat flowers have flourished at some points in Ha Giang, Lao Cai and Moc Chau, attracting guests to take photos and check-in.
The period from the end of October to the end of December is the most beautiful time of the year for visitors to watch the buckwheat flowers in the North West. The best known for this flower is Ha Giang. This year, buckwheat flower festival starts from November 24th but now some areas have blooming flowers.
The third festival of buckwheat flowers in Ha Giang
The third festival of buckwheat flowers in Ha Giang is expected to take place from 24/11/2017 to 31/12/2017 prominent with paragliding activities on the flower carpet.
With the theme “The love song from rock”, Ha Giang will promise a wonderful, fascinating and special festival for the first time in the rocky terrain such as the buckwheat flower carpet, the concerts at the foot of Lung Cu flag pole, experiencing beef steak cuisine on the rocky plateau!
Time, place and size of organization
- Time: Scheduled to start on 24/11/2017 – 31/12/2017
- Venue: The main activities took place in Dong Van district, supporting activities took place at the resting places of Quan Ba, Yen Minh, Meo Vac district and Ha Giang city.
- Scale: Provincial organizations, concentrated in four districts of the Global Geological Park.
Planning the area of buckwheat flower growing
Planting time: The selection of flower varieties and the duration of blooming flowers last from the beginning of September to the end of November, but the focus is on the flower blooming in the week of the festival. (End of October)
Location: In 4 districts in the highland areas: Quan Ba, Yen Minh, Dong Van, Meo Vac. Each district selected from 1 to 3 points to plan flowers for tourists such as:
- Quan Ba Commune: Quyet Tien Commune (Thach Son Than), Km67 Bat Dai Son, Quan Ba Gate.
- Yen Minh district: Lao Cai and Chai communes, Na Khe and rest stop.
- Dong Van district: Sang La commune, Pho Bo street, Lung Tao – Ma Le junction – Dong Van town.
- Meo Vac District: Pa Vi Commune, Pai Luy Commune and Ma Pai Lung rest area.
- Performances, cultural exchanges, and folk games of ethnic minorities.
- Build cultural and artistic activities and traditional folk games with typical, typical and diversified cultural characteristics: Dao Ba District, Yen Minh District, Giay District, Dong Van District H’mong ethnic group, Lo Lo ethnic group.
- In addition, depending on each district can be arranged at the flower planting centers in relation to ethnic minority villages, the ethnic layout but not sure that the same ethnicity with other districts.
- People wear traditional costumes of the local people, to guide and take pictures with tourists. Tourists participate in agricultural production.
- Arrange the necessary services for visitors when visiting places: food service, rest, public toilets …
Best places to watch the buckwheat flower
In preparation for the festival, the buckwheat flowers are planted in four districts of Quan Ba, Yen Minh, Dong Van, Meo Vac, each district selected 1-3 points to plan flower. Most are close to the road for guests to enjoy and take pictures. At present, the flowers are blooming in the areas such as Sapa, Lung Ap, Lung Cu and Dong Van town. The ticket price is 10,000 VND.
Not as famous in Ha Giang, but the buckwheat flower field in Si Ma Cai is also attractive to a lot of photographers. Lu Thuc commune is the main place cultivating buckwheat flowers in the district with 12 flower fields. This place is 13 km from Bac Ha town, 80 km from Lao Cai city.
Flowers are planted in the village and on the high hills creating a feeling for thousands of photos. In recent years, this place is busy with every occasion of flower blooming. Entry fee for photography is 20,000 VND.
In Yen Bai, Khau Phau pass, near the parachute jumping, the field of buckwheat flowers blooms pretty early, from September. The flowers hatch on the hillside so from here you can look down at the terraced fields, layers to layers. The charge to visit and take photograph in this flower field is 15,000VND. Guests can also rent ethnic clothing to take pictures.
In Son La, the buckwheat flowers are planted popularly into small gardens along Highway 6, before entering the center of Moc Chau town. The fee depends on the size of the garden, ranging from 15,000 to 20,000 VND. The most beautiful is the flower field in Van Ho, 20 km from Moc Chau through the S-shaped street. In addition, you can visit Ban Ang in Moc Chau town, which also plants buckwheat flower gardens with nice perspective for taking pictures.
If you concern about Vietnam travel, please contact us for more information. Share this article if it is helpful for you!